Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.
I was doing some required reading for a counseling course I was preparing to take the next week when I came across a list. The author warned that failure in any of these areas is an open door for the enemy to gain a stronghold in your life.
1. Do not accuse others judgmentally.
2. Avoid hypocritical actions.
3. Do not disobey what is known to be God's will.
4. Make sure that your testimony is consistantly obvious to all men.
5. Consistantly guard against pride.
6. Avoid a striving and contentious spirit.
I realised that I had problems in five out of the six areas. It was like the enemy was setting me up. Working me into a trap. I was about to get into some pretty heavy stuff and because of my failures in these areas I would have fallen into the the enemy's trap. Fortunatly the Lord showed me what I needed to get right, before it was to late.